Sunday, February 27, 2011

where we end up

There is an article by Ben Stein (my favorite trained Economist..) which I forwarded to my children via facebook and which (due to lack of computer skills) I have had difficulty reproducing here. It had to do with saving, retirement and how the young self is the provider for the older self (Cicero's, De Senectute). Something I have been thinking about quite a bit lately, what, with my age and everything. The thinking which has considered the road that life has taken due to choices made, it seems, so long (and yet, seemingly) no time ago.

We end up where we end up largely through habit and choices made.
Life seems to throw out its fair share of curve balls, what we do with those often shows our character and will determine where we will be in the end....

"Any man is liable to err, only a fool persists in error.."  Marcus Tullius Cicero

No comments:

Post a Comment