Sunday, January 23, 2011

blogging real estate

Ray and I went to church this morning and arrived early enough to walk around the sanctuary talking to people with me making introductions of this shyest son. After church we scooted to the Broadway Brewery and treated ourselves to a nice lunch and a good cup of coffee. We both sat on the same side of the table and watched the soundless goings on of ESPN. We talked sports. He is VERY intelligent about sports and does indeed talk well. We talked  until the check arrived. We talked about his chemistry class, about school. We talked.


Once home I returned to the computer. To the real estate section. Yes. Real Estate. It was Sunday after all and the Real Estate obsession holds hard on Sunday...

There was a house which the realtor and I were going to look at tomorrow (Monday). On the market 17 days. Great neighborhood. Priced well below comps. Great architecture. Fantastic. Horrible interior. Lipstick and rouge. Dreams of a contract whirled through my brain. *sigh*. I would put a contract on it, yes I would. I couldn't believe my luck. How had it sat on the market for 17 days? How???

She (the realtor) called me. Under contract. Figures (why had I not seen it earlier?)....Now, about that little house with the horrible buckling on the back patio....


"The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention." Duguet

No comments:

Post a Comment