Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Buyer

The deck is nearly stained and it looks like it might rain and I just got off the phone with the realtor.
Why did I give that guy fifteen days for inspections, why?
They (the buyer and his entourage) are returning tomorrow to measure windows. Initially my response was b-s***, because my mouth does not always obey the commandment that says thou shalt not cuss. At which point I apologized to Denise, the realtor, and asked 'why, pray tell?' To which she responded, "I don't know."... To which I presented arguments and questions as to why they would need to measure windows, "I'm not replacing windows and he doesn't own this place yet......long pause..okay, tell the other realtor that as soon as the inspection report and their response to the inspection report comes back, then he can come measure..first things first..." Sometimes I'm such a b-b-williack. Too many years of living alone and having to take care of things myself, protect our interests--the kids and myself. Too many. And I sigh and sit. Not much later, she calls back. She has spoken with the opposing counsel, er, realtor. He just wants to measure to SEE if the windows NEED to be replaced. It all has to do with the inspection, it all has to do with negotiating and seeing just exactly what he can get from me. And isn't that just like a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment