Friday, February 19, 2010

...things.

It is cold.
But the days are getting longer.
So that is a positive. And lord knows that I hold onto the positives like life rafts these days as I slowly lose my mind because there is a cessation of things and that is part of middle-age, as a woman, to lose your mind, and pretend that things are fine. (See Kathy Bates in "Fried Green Tomatoes").
Ray stuck his head in my room and said, "Hey mom, I'm going with Joel to Will's house."..."Okay, don't do drugs..don't drink..call if you need anything."..a mother's admonishments. He smiled, "Okay mom" and walked down the stairs, his feet echoing in the stairwell.
Meanwhile, down the hall, Dylan was in his room, at his computer. He had been home sick for two days. I walked in, hugged him, kissed him on the forehead as if he was still five.
And downstairs the paperwork still sits for the housesale and there are bills to pay...and things to do...


"Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise..it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest." Proverbs 6:6,8.

No comments:

Post a Comment