Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Mother

My mother raised seven children, made homemade noodles for chicken noodle soup, braided and combed five girls heads of hair, drove two boys to all their practices and attended all their basketball and football games, knitting on her lap, making afghans, pot holders, scarves, hats, night socks, etc.
She milked cows by hand, taught us children how to churn cream into butter, took us to church every sunday without fail and without dad (who didn't go but sat at home and read the newspaper)
She taught school, earned her masters degree and later PhD.
She has travelled widely.
My mother is a good mother and grandmother. She sends out V-Day cards every year, they arrive on time, she never forgets.

Tomorrow, on a whim, I may drive the three hours to her house, picking up chocolates along the way, suprising her for Valentine's Day, then again, I might just call.

No comments:

Post a Comment