Sunday, February 7, 2010

just for today

Missed church this morning, didn't oversleep, just piddled, watched a young family's video on the internet, the birth of a baby and its ninety nine days of life and the celebration of each of those days. Because, they knew, the parents, that his genetic defect was VERY self-limiting, life limiting.

The boys are home now, quiet in their rooms. They will go out tonight to watch the super bowl and Chuck and Natalie will come over for (the best) grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, we'll sit and talk and Natalie will be rushing Chuck out the door to a Super Bowl party and Chuck will say..."but I haven't seen my mom for a long time.." (my boy, sigh).

If one of my children had been born with a genetic defect, would I have honored and celebrated the miracle (even) of their lives, would I have seen the hand of God at work, or would I have groused, griped and complained about the unfairness of it all.

We are so very fortunate.


"God gives, God takes, may God's name be forever blessed." Job 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment