Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday, Monday..

November 2, 2009



Ray and Dylan were able to take the car to school today.

And Chuck is at home, alone in his room, sleeping.

The day is sunny. The trees along University Avenue hold onto their leaves which creates a canopy overhead. The branches are indistinct and dark. Leaves scatter on the ground having recently fallen or lay sodden beneath the tires if older.

Columbia wakes up slowly some days. Coming off the night shift and driving home, the traffic before eight can be sparse, pedestrians few.

Chuck called me at work last night and left a message on my cell-phone. "Mom, are you doing your radio show? Because if you are, I'd like to join you." I tried texting him back but the hospital walls can be like a fortress. Sad to say that I haven't done the radio show for months.

"Then they said to each other, 'We're not doing right. This is a day of good news and we are keeping it to ourselves...'" 2Kings 7:9

No comments:

Post a Comment