Tuesday, January 12, 2010

fighting sleep

Sleep comes in waves, drifts in, drops like a rock, doesn't last long enough until that blessed day off where there is no work and no committments outside of work and then, and then, the ability to sleep for fourteen, seventeen, twenty-two hours(a personal best) in a row. That is when sleep is sweet, peaceful and wonderous. It is a favorite past-time of so many night workers. With the exception of a few. Those who say, "I'll sleep when I'm dead."..and I"m thinking, dude, I'm partying when I'm dead, you know, up in heaven and all..forget that sleeping business, because there will be Jesus and God and all the saints and friends and family...and one pauses. Oh Lord, "and if you were to die today"...the words echo around in auditoriums, on street corners, in brains...and if you were to die today, would you go to heaven?..Life presses in.

They found a tumor in a friend's colon. She called me today. They are setting up appointments post haste. We talked. She doesn't believe in God, JesusLordasSavior. None of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment